The School for Self-Healing offers lectures, workshops, private sessions, and training in the Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing Through Bodywork and Movement.The School’s mission is to train individuals to Self-Heal. Self-Healing is a non-medical, holistic health prevention and rehabilitation system.
The Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing Through Bodywork and Movement
The Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing Through Bodywork and Movement empowers you to take charge of your own health and unlock the body’s ability to heal itself.
Self-Healing is body-mind work. The Self-Healing Method combines massage, movement and breathing education, visualization and, for those who need it, vision improvement training. The development of kinesthetic awareness is fundamental to Self-Healing.
The Self-Healing Method is comprehensive and integrated, combining movement education, therapeutic massage, self-massage, passive movement, gentle movement exercises, breathing, visualization, and vision training.
The Meir Schneider Self-Healing Method is unique in its:
Emphasis on combining massage and movement equally
Inclusion of vision improvement work for those who need it
Detailed programs that meet the custom needs of the individual at a given time, to nurture specific organs or organ systems that are fragile or damaged
Client motivation, empowerment, and support groups
The Method overturns the unconscious expectations that program how we think, move, breath, and see, and it teaches us new ways to move and live.
Learning to use muscles and joints in a more balanced way- by isolating muscle groups, enhancing circulation, using more muscles and relaxing chronically overused ones, and strengthening and stimulating brain-body neural connections- can address and prevent common degenerative and debilitating conditions that arise out of lifestyle, profession, injury, or serious health problems.
The Method is a unique approach that has helped many thousands of people make remarkable gains in health and function with a wide range of “incurable” conditions and injuries, including poor eyesight.
Computer users, cashiers, massage therapists and others have learned how to prevent and overcome repetitive strain injuries. Athletes and musicians have used Self-Healing to overcome injuries and enhance performance.
The Self-Healing method grew out of Meir Schneider’s experience in overcoming his own congenital blindness as a teenager. A former Braille user, Meir now reads normally and has an unrestricted driver’s license.
Applying the many tools and techniques of Self-Healing, we create a more relaxed, balanced use of the body – and the eyes – which can bring about dramatic improvement.
Self-Healing is above all an educational process.
Helping Reverse the Progress of Degenerative Disease
Many thousands of clients of the Meir Schneider Self-Healing Method have experienced their own capacity to bring about health and recovery. They have reversed the progress of a host of degenerative conditions, including:
- Vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, cross-eye, lazy eye, double vision, glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, retinal detachment, retinitis pigmentosa, retinitis of prematurity, diabetic retinopathy, optic nerve problems, nystagmus and others
- Arthritis and other joint problems
- Carpal tunnel and other overuse syndromes
- Circulatory problems, including high and low blood pressure and heart disease
- Breathing problems including asthma, cystic fibrosis, and emphysema
- Disorders of the nervous system, including multiple sclerosis, stroke, brain or spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, polio, and postpolio
- Conditions affecting muscle, including muscular dystrophy and atrophy, trauma to muscle and related soft tissue and fibromyalgia
- Colitis and other digestive problems
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Migraine and other headaches
- Back pain and sciatica
- Posture and spine problems, including herniated disk, scoliosis, kyphosis, and hyperlordosis
- Chronic fatigue
- Environmental insult
- Repetitive Strain Injuries