LEARN HOW TO MAKE LASTING IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR HEALTH AND VISION FOR LIFE!
Register now for a transformational life experience!
To register, call us at (415) 665-9574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT LEVEL ONE:
- Segment A: March 11th – March 20th 2015
- Segment B: March 21st – March 29th 2015
NEXT LEVEL TWO:
10% discount for AMTA members or professional health provider.
WE ARE AN APPROVED AMTA (AMERICAN MASSAGE THERAPY ASSOCIATION) SCHOOL! We hope you choose to study with us. Our courses give you advanced massage training found no where else.
Through the training program, you will learn the Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing Through Bodywork and Movement. There are three training courses offered:
- Level One.The Basic Course, consists of Segments A and B. Each Segment runs 80 hours.
- Level Two. The advanced course. This is a group clinic, 100 hours.
- Level Three: Apprenticeship. One-on-one training in individual sessions, and assisting at workshops, 500 hours.
The coursework satisfies the American Massage Therapy Association’s (AMTA) continuing education requirements.
The School for Self-Healing is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11868. 68 contact hours per segment.
Classes are small and students are assured of personal attention.
The Basic Course, Segments A and B, is appropriate for everyone seeking to improve his/her own health, for health care professionals, and for those interested in developing a new career in holistic health.
Individuals seeking to advance their health often experience dramatic improvement during the class. This is an immersion class, giving the body and eyes an opportunity to create and establish healthy patterns and abilities.
Health professionals will enrich their therapeutic skills and be able to bring clients to a new level of progress in their health. Learning techniques and treatment protocols for a wider range of visual and physical conditions can increase and expand your practice.
Those seeking a new career are welcome and will learn massage therapy basics, specialized massage techniques developed by Dr. Schneider, and movement exercises, uniquely applied and combined with vision therapy, breathing, and effective visualizations (visual mental imagery) to create an unprecedented protocol for health, mobility and vision. Self-Healing training teaches more than massage and anatomy, giving you a marketable edge in the competitive filed of bodywork.
Certificates are given upon completion of each class. Upon completing Level One, students receive certification for massage therapy.
Topics covered include:
- Massage techniques that support breathing, circulation, digestion, the spine and joints, muscles, the nervous system and the visual system. Unique specific massage techniques for osteoporosis, muscular dystrophy, and degenerative conditions of nerve, arthritis, and other problems
- Movement, breathing, and visualization exercises which correct patterns of strained, unbalanced use and work synergistically with the massage techniques
- Relevant anatomy, physiology, and pathology
- Vision improvement techniques that relax the eyes, reprogram visual habits and address/prevent degenerative conditions of the visual system
- Analysis of movement patterns through touch and observation
- Creating the specific program each client needs
- Prevention of and relief from occupational hazards of massage therapy
These topics are approached within a context of self-care. Students learn how to cultivate a deep physical awareness focused around movement, including very subtle kinds of movement within the body.
Meir Schneider believes that movement is life; we limit movement — and vitality — through stress-induced muscle tension and cultural expectations about how we should move.
Each Level One Class is Dynamic and Unique
In Level One, students learn the basics of the Self-Healing Method. They begin to understand how to find new movement possibilities for themselves and for people with disabilities through the exploration of their own movement restrictions and possibilities.
Usually class composition is a mixture of massage therapists, health care professionals, beginners and people who want to learn how to improve their own health and function or that of a loved one. Disabled students are welcome and every effort is made to accommodate them. People young and old and from close and far have come to study The Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing.
Class structure alternates between lecture/discussion, and practice of massage and movement. There is a considerable amount of reading and self-reflection that we recommend doing before the class begins. Please allow time for this if possible while scheduling for the class. But last minute sign-ups are always welcome. Students often study together before class discussions. The most effective way to learn Self-Healing principles and techniques is by doing it. Our classes are experiential and you learn at all levels, creating dynamic healthy patterns.
In Level Two, students learn how to apply the tools and insights of Level One clinically.
- They are introduced to four groups of clients per day, and work with them in small groups under supervision.
- Clients are pre-selected to provide the students with experience in addressing a wide range of health and functional problems. *Note- client sessions are offered at no charge- if you have a serious physical or visual condition and suffer financial hardship and would like to be a client for Level 2, please contact email@example.com today
- Students are encouraged to develop and apply their own intuition and invention.
- Evaluation of the movement patterns of clients and students is emphasized.
- Discussion of personal clients, too, and conditions, is encouraged during Question and Answer time.
Level Two is appropriate for students interested in working with others: whether with family and friends, or as Self-Healing Method professional with clients, as well as for health professionals of all disciplines (prerequisite is Level One or permission by Director).
NOTE: If Level Two is not available immediately following Level One, Level One graduates are eligible to enroll in a limited Level Three (provisional apprenticeship) of 100 hours. Commitment to enroll in and complete Level 2 is required for provisional Level Three enrollment.
Apprenticeship (Level Three)
In Apprenticeship, students work with the instructor in his or her practice, studying in-depth the day to day application of Self-Healing techniques to client conditions. Clients tend to be motivated and interesting — people with such serious medical problems that they were given up as “incurable” by their physicians, musicians and athletes who want to improve their performance, and others. Students may also gain apprenticeship experience through assisting at a limited number of workshops and classes and collaborative case studies.
Other student benefits:
- Training classes are recorded and students are provided with mp3 files for home use.
- Product discounts (any comparable valued ten items- offered at 50% discount!)
- Workshop discounts (you may register for most workshops at the School for Self-Healing for 50% discount!)
- Training class discounts (you may repeat any class at one third of the current tuition!)
- Earn Continuing Education Hours for massage therapy, CA nurses, OTs
- Self-Healing staff is available for consultation to support you working with your clients
Pricing & Scheduling
Please contact the Office Manager for special needs concerning tuition. Ask for a catalog and receive $25 off of tuition. Several discount options for “up-front” payment as well as payment plans are offered.
Level One tuition is $4,500 plus a $150 registration fee per segment. If you pay in full by the first day of Segment A or B, you receive a $200 discount per segment. If you register for both classes and pay for both either before or during Segment A, both classes maybe be taken for only $4000! (Segment B may be taken up to one year later).
These classes are transformational, so consider taking them now! Register for Level One today! Our Calendar lists upcoming training sessions around the world.
To register call us at (415) 665-9574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 15 opens the fall trimester
- September 15 opens the winter/spring trimester
- Jan 15 opens the summer trimester