LEARN AND EXPERIENCE HOW TO MAKE LASTING IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH AND VISION FOR LIFE!
- Segment A June 23- 30, 2012
- Segment B July 2 – 9, 2012
Repeat any class for only one half regular tuition! If you are registered for apprenticeship, also receive 25 apprenticeship hours for repeating Segment A or B. Repeat Level Two for 90 hours apprenticeship hours. Register for August classes and get an additional tuition discount!
WE ARE APPROVED TO HOST INTERNATIONAL M-1 VOCATIONAL STUDENTS!
SSH welcomes students from other countries. We enroll foreign students under the regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Through the training program, you will learn the Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing Through Bodywork and Movement. There are three training courses offered:
- Level One. The Basic Course, consists of Segments A and B. Each Segment runs 80 hours.
- Level Two. The advanced course. This is a group clinic, 100 hours.
- Level Three: Apprenticeship. One- on -one training in individual sessions, and assisting at workshops, 500 hours.
The coursework satisfies the American Massage Therapy Association’s (AMTA) continuing education requirements.
The School for Self-Healing is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and
Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11868. 68 contact hours per segment. Classes are small and students are assured of personal attention.
The Basic Course, Segments A and B, is appropriate for everyone seeking to improve his/her own health, for health care professionals, and for those interested in developing a new career in holistic health.
Topics covered include:
- Massage techniques that support breathing, circulation, digestion, the spine and joints, muscles, the nervous system and the visual system. There are specific massage techniques that clients with osteoporosis, muscular dystrophy, degenerative conditions of nerve, arthritis, and other problems have found helpful
- Movement, breathing, and visualization exercises which correct patterns of strained, unbalanced use and work synergistically wit h the massage techniques
- Relevant anatomy, physiology, and pathology
- Vision improvement techniques that relax the eyes and reprogram visual habits
- Analysis of movement patterns through touch and observation
- Creating the specific program each client needs
- Prevention of and relief from occupational hazards of massage therapy
These topics are approached within a context of self-care. Students learn how to cultivate a deep physical awareness focused around movement, including very subtle kinds of movement within the body.Meir Schneider believes that movement is life; we limit movement — and vitality — through stress-induced muscle tension and cultural expectations about how we should move.
Each Level One Class is Dynamic and Unique
In Level One, students learn the basics of the Self-Healing Method. They begin to understand how to find new movement possibilities for themselves and for people with disabilities through the exploration of their own movement restrictions and possibilities.
Usually class composition is a mixture of massage therapists, health care professionals, beginners and people who want to learn how to improve their own health and function or that of a loved one. Disabled students are welcome and every effort is made to accommodate them. People young and old and from close and far have come to study The Meir Schneider Method of Self-Healing.
Class structure alternates between lecture/discussion, and practice of massage and movement. There is a considerable amount of reading and self-reflection that we recommend doing before the class begins. Please allow time for this while scheduling for the class.
In Level Two, students learn how to apply the tools and insights of Level One clinically.
- They are introduced to four groups of clients per day, and work with them in small groups under supervision.
- Clients are pre-selected to provide the students with experience in addressing a wide range of health and functional problems.
- Students are encouraged to develop and apply their own intuition and invention.
- Evaluation of the movement patterns of clients and students is emphasized.
- Discussion of personal clients, too, and conditions, is encouraged during Question and Answer time.
Level Two is appropriate for students interested in working with others: whether with family and friends, or as Self-Healing Method professional with clients.
Apprenticeship (Level Three)
In Apprenticeship, students work with the instructor in his or her practice. Clients tend to be motivated and interesting — people with such serious medical problems that they were given up as “incurable” by their physicians, musicians and athletes who want to improve their performance, and others. Students may also gain apprenticeship experience through assisting at a limited number of workshops and classes.
Other student benefits:
- Training classes are recorded and students are provided with mp3 files for home use.
- Product discounts (any ten items- offered at 50% discount!)
- Workshop discounts (you may register for most workshops at the School for Self-Healing for 50% discount!)
- Training class discounts (you may repeat any class at one third of the current tuition!)
- Earn Continuing Education Hours
Pricing & Scheduling
Please contact the Office Manager for special needs concerning tuition. Ask for a catalog and receive $25 off of tuition. Several discount options for “up-front” payment as well as payment plans are offered.
Level One tuition is $2300 plus a $200 registration fee per segment. If you pay on a credit card by the first day of Segment A or B, you receive a $140 discount. If you register for both classes and pay for both either before or during Segment A (Segment B may be taken up to one year later), both classes maybe be taken for only $4000! Contact the Office Manager or order a catalog for Advanced Class tuition.
These classes are transformational, so consider taking them now! Register for Level One today! Our Calendar lists upcoming training sessions around the world.
To register call us at (415) 665-9574 or email Officemanager Rashida at — firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 15 opens the fall trimester
- September 15 opens the winter/spring trimester
- Jan 15 opens the summer trimester